Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Sunlight. What a wonderful Thing.

Today was a nice, clear, sunny day today (cold mind you, but sunny) and I didn’t have anything that I needed to do or any place that I needed to go this afternoon. It was fantastic.

For the first time in months, I ran during the day. I got to feel the sun shine on my face; I got to clearly see any obstacles that might be in my way; I got to wear sunglasses.

I bought my glasses at MEC last year after getting sick of my old glasses fogging up. I tried on several pairs at several stores before deciding on the plasma pair. I can’t be trusted to not lose things or not break things, so I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a pair of sunglasses, but I also didn’t want another super-cheap pair that distorts your vision and just doesn’t fit your face well.

The MEC Plasma sunglasses have removable/interchangeable lenses so you can switch up the colour of lens for different conditions easily. They also have nice grippy arms, so they stay securely on my head even when wearing a smooth, slippery toque.

For $36, these were great for me! I didn’t have to spend too much and they were comfortable, secure, and didn’t fog up when running. I’m quite happy with them.

Today’s Run
Distance: 8 km
Weather: –6C (feels like –13C), wind N 19km/h with gusts of 30km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment