This afternoon, I went out for my last run of the year. I haven’t been running near as much as usual this month and haven’t been eating as healthy as usual, either (‘tis the season!) so I felt a little out of shape on today’s run, but nothing too bad. I ran 13.5 km today, which is my longest run since the Vegas half. (oops!)
On my run, I thought about my running accomplishments from 2011.
- I ran my first 30K race (Around the Bay)
- I ran my first marathon (Mississauga)
- I sprained my ankle running my first marathon…
- I completed the ENDURrun and achieved a PB 1/2 marathon time in stage 1
- And I ran 3 races for free this fall!
All in all, 2011 was a good running year for me. I’m excited to see what 2012 has in store!