Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Breaking through mental barriers

For some strange reason, this fall and winter I’ve had more mental issues with running than ever before. I’ve felt less motivated. Some days I haven’t wanted to go out at all for a run and other days I get out there and just want to stop mid-way. I’ve found that I’ve started to take walking breaks in the middle of my run for no particular reason. This is odd for me.

I used to never have this problem. I would lace up my shoes, head out the door and feel great. I would run, run, and run some more. I didn’t want to take breaks, I didn’t want to stop.

Writing about my runs has helped. I do generally enjoy my runs a lot once I’m out there and now that I’m keeping track of my runs on this blog, I’m making sure I’m out there.

Today’s run was fantastic. I got out mid-afternoon and got to enjoy a nice mild winter day. I ran for the first time in months without taking a break. I feel back to my old self again, like I can take on the world. I’m back to enjoying it. I don’t want to stop. I’ve broken the mental barrier and it feels great!

Today’s Run:
Distance: 8 km
Weather: –3 C, feels like –9 C

No comments:

Post a Comment