Chicopee

Chicopee

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I’m back in the game!

Tonight I headed out for a “test run” so to speak. I was hoping to attempt the run that I was planning to do yesterday, but to do short loops close to home in case the ankle pain returned. I was especially worried going out because on my walk home from work today, I had a few moments of ankle pain (lasted a block or two).

I started out very slowly, walked to the end of my little road, turned the corner, started a slow jog where the pain started yesterday, kept it slow until I reached a corner, turned, and picked up the pace a bit more. It felt good. No pain. I made another turn and decided I would run 2.5 to 3 km down the street, then change directions in order to keep it close to home tonight. When I approached the 3 km mark, I didn’t want to change directions. I wanted to keep going, to run far out. Since the run felt good, I followed my gut. I kept running and did a large oblong course today.

The run continued to feel good. I felt good. I didn’t want to stop. I didn’t take any breaks. I kept going. The final 5 km stretch back toward home was against the wind, which had certainly picked up and gotten colder. By the time I got home, my legs were about ready to give out. My hands were almost numb with cold (I wore the thin gloves… oops). My legs were burning. I didn’t care. I felt good.

Tonight, I ran with a smile on my face.

Tonight’s Run:
Distance: 15 km
Weather: –4 C, feels like –9 C

No comments:

Post a Comment