Chicopee

Chicopee

Thursday, August 16, 2012

ENDURrun Day 5 (no stage): Rest Day

After last night’s “mountain stage” it is time for the mandatory rest day. I decided to skip going out for breakfast with the other ENDURrunners this morning so that I could stay in bed a little longer and also because I had a massage therapy appointment this morning at 10am and didn’t want to have to rush around this morning.

I made myself a smoothie with banana, blueberries, orange juice, and vanilla Greek yogurt before heading out to my appointment. On my rest day (1 of 1)way back from massage, I stopped at Tim Horton’s to grab a coffee (I was feeling lazy and didn’t want to make my own when I got home) and then made myself a late breakfast of a slight variation on eggs benedict and some roasted sweet potatoes with green peppers and onions that I had left over from the dinner I made a couple of nights ago.

This afternoon, Paul picked me up so that we could go for a swim at the race director’s house before meeting up with some others at the Huether for a late lunch and some beer floats. I tried to like the beer float, I really did.. but I couldn’t finish it. Is it an acquired taste?

Now.. some photos from the afternoon/early evening:

rest day (1 of 10) rest day (2 of 10) rest day (3 of 10)rest day (4 of 10) rest day (5 of 10)rest day (6 of 10) rest day (9 of 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment