Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, August 11, 2012

ENDURrun 2012 – Pre-Race Meeting

ENDUR start

It’s Saturday night, I’ve enjoyed a day of sleeping in, having a leisurely breakfast, shopping for produce at the Kitchener Market, watching the Olympics, washing a load of running clothes, all before the most important parts of the day, attending the ENDURrun Pre-Race Meeting, and going out for dinner for some yummy pasta.

The pre-race meeting was held at the race director’s house. After walking into the yard, I quickly picked up my race kit and head over to set up a chair for the meeting.

Lloyd (the race director) welcomed everyone and the important announcements were made, along with some instructions from the fantastic volunteers about the upcoming week: info on marshalling & road signs, food & dietary needs, how to keep this a green race, among other details.

Pre-Race meeting (1 of 2) Pre-Race meeting (2 of 2)

After the formal part of the evening was complete, there was time to socialize with the other runners while enjoying some refreshments. It was a reunion for many and a chance to meet some new people, who I’m sure will become new friends as well.

From Lloyd’s house, Ryan and I were off to East Side Mario’s for some dinner, where we actually ran into a couple of other runners who had come in from Rhode Island today for the event.

Now that I’m back at home for the evening, I took a look through my race kit… and what a race kit! Here are the contents:

Pre-Race (1 of 5) Pre-Race (5 of 5)

I’m looking forward to a wonderful week of running, socializing, competing, and just generally having a good time.

It was great to see everyone tonight, rest up for Stage 1 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment