Chicopee

Chicopee

Friday, April 02, 2010

Country Running

It's been a while since I've run in the country and it's also been a while since I've run in 27 C heat. Well.. today was the day for both. I waited to run until 6:30 pm today so I had a nice evening run. I brought my headlamp with me so that I could see and be seen after the sun went down and also my red turtle light to increase my visibility from behind.

It was a nice evening for a run, fairly calm and not a lot of traffic. I enjoyed myself, but kind of forgot how long it seems to get anywhere due to the large gaps between houses aka large fields. I ran around my parents' "block" which is just under 14 km. 2 of the 4 sections of road are approximately 5 km, while the other two are around 2 km each.

I was glad I brought the headlamp because it started to get dark when I was about two thirds of the way around. It was my first time using the headlamp for running and I must say, it was more comfortable than I expected. I will most certainly use it again.

Today's Run:
Distance: 13.75 km
Weather: 27 C with a bit of a west wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment