Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lots of progress, but not quite complete

The room has been painted. It is "Bramble Tan."
The table is assembled. It is shorter than we thought, but still looks good.
The bar stuff is back in the room.

The fabric for curtains?
Well.. I went to Fabricland (Fabricland!) and looked through every single aisle of fabric. I looked at the pre-made curtains, the drapery fabric, the clothing fabric, even the vinyl, but found absolutely nothing that I wanted to make curtains out of.
I left, discouraged, and went to the paint store to pick out paint.
It took me a while to find the colour that I thought would work well.. something that had some sort of colour to it, but was still neutral enough to not cast any colour onto our computer monitors when we are editing photos (speaking of photos, I'll mention something at the end of this post). I also figured if the paint was fairly neutral, finding fabric to go in the room wouldn't be too difficult.

I brought the paint home to Ryan who was priming while I was gone. He asked me about the ceiling. Crap. I forgot to pick up white paint for the ceiling. So... he went off to the store to get that and I went off to do more shopping in the hopes of finding something to use for curtains.

I went to Zellers, Zehrs, Canadian Tire, and Walmart, but didn't find any curtains to go in that room. Nothing seemed to work. Nothing was fun. I even looked at shower curtains, tablecloths, and plain fabric at those stores. I returned home, frustrated with my lack of progress.

Ryan had painted the room when I was gone and it looked good! Furniture was also started to be assembled. As I said earlier, the table was shorter, but that's okay. It's still taller than the table in the kitchen, but shorter than one would expect a bar table.

Off to the mall on Sunday. Checked various stores then went into Zellers to see what they had (different Zellers than Saturday). Found nothing of interest in the curtains section or the sheet section, so off to the tablecloth section we went. Finally, we found some good striped tablecloths that I think will work.

So. No pictures of the before and after yet, but once I make the curtains and we finish putting the room together, I will post that. Hopefully it will be within the next week.

** the photo portion I was going to mention. I started a new blog for my photography. So far there is only one post, but I plan to add to it regularly. Vic's Pics

Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I have been so sick lately. I promise I'll get new links up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete