Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, August 10, 2013

ENDURrun 2013 – Pre-race meeting

20130810_181746

It’s that time of year again… time for the ENDURrun! The 7 stage event officially starts tomorrow morning at 8am, but unofficially started tonight, with the pre-race meeting.

As usual, the race was held at the race director’s home in Conestogo. This year, to be sure the meeting began on time, it was suggested to come early if you wanted to socialize. I arrived a half hour before the meeting start time, which allowed a bit of time to catch of with some people that I had not seen in a year, some that I had seen last month, some a few days ago, and some I had never met before.

In talking to various people, I discovered rather quickly that I’m not the only person who feels that they have not adequately trained (or trained specifically at all) for this event. It made me feel a bit better about my readiness (or lack thereof) and I’m interested to see how the week plays out.

We picked up our bags containing our numbers and some other goodies and headed to chairs for the meeting. The official meeting included an introduction to the volunteers/race crew, some announcements, and some general information about the week to come.

20130810_201935

After the meeting was over, I noticed a few more people that I hadn’t had a chance to talk to yet, so more catching up was done before heading home to eat and get ready for tomorrow.

Now that I have filled up my tummy, I should get my race stuff ready for the morning.  Have a great evening, and good luck to everyone at the start line in the morning!

run

No comments:

Post a Comment