Chicopee

Chicopee

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Slow and steady...

I had another physiotherapy appointment yesterday. I was told that I'm making great progress and that my ankle is healing quite nicely and quickly. I've also been given the go-ahead to run trails, but just not go too crazy on them. My next appointment is in 2 weeks, so I've progressed enough to decrease the frequency of treatment.

This morning I went out for a 5K run. It was a humid, but nice morning. I went through Victoria Park and was pleasantly surprised to see that the swans are back and there was also a heron. I need to get into the habit of getting up early and running in the mornings. It really is nice once I get out there, but the process of getting up and out the door is sometimes difficult. I know it will get easier as it becomes habit.

I'm slowly increasing my mileage, mostly with more frequent shorter runs (sometimes more than one per day) but I'll be adding a longer run (16-20 km) this weekend. Hopefully it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment