Chicopee

Chicopee

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Running in 2009

This year’s running season is coming close to a close. Well, at least the stream of races is… the running will continue all year long.

I believe that the past year has been my busiest running year yet.

In December 2008 I ran my first half marathon. The race was in Las Vegas and it was fantastic. I finished in 2:00:37. Training for this race was a great way to be sure I’d have my mileage up for the start of 2009.

2009 consisted of the usual RunWaterloo series, as well as the Mudpuppy 10K, the Ottawa Half Marathon, a highland games 8K, Muskoka Rocks 10K, and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon.

Virginia Beach 1/2 was a great race! It was a bit hotter than I was used to since we had such a cool summer this year, but it was a good time. I had a great opportunity to wear a nice new summer running outfit that I purchased from RunningSkirts this summer.

Rock 'n' Roll VA Beach DSC_0068

Ending a race on the beach, getting a free beer, and then running into the ocean to play in the waves is a great way to spend part of Labour Day Weekend. It didn’t hurt that the rest of the weekend was also filled with concerts. Ryan and I got to see Boyz II Men, and Lonestar, and the Black Crowes, but we missed Heart because dinner took a long time with everyone in town trying to get pasta for dinner the night before the big race. It was a good weekend and I’d definitely like to do it again.

I did not quite achieve my goal time for the race, but I still achieved a personal best, which is great. I’m looking forward to competing in many more.

So as I was saying, the 2009 race season is coming to an end. I only have one more race that I’m registered for this year. I have a 5K next Sunday: the first ever REMEMBERrun 5K. I may still sign up for a winter Boxing Day 10 miler, but that has yet to be determined.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment